• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My sound card arrived, one side stopped working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

Well only one of the sides work, both work when the windows log in music kicks in, but afterwards I can only get sound out of one side, both headset and speakers. I have 2 speakers and neither are muted or turned off, both speakers and headset were working before.

Sound Card: Chaintech AV-710

I'm using the Envy24_Family_DriverV520a drivers (as opposed to the 1.1v they shipped me) I found on VIA's website for the HT-S I have.

I've rebooted and re-installed the drivers. Also I had the card working on both sides for about a minute before one side stopped, and I didn't bump into anything or open any programs.

*The quality although is something else! I'm hearing things I've never heard before...

Re-re-installed the drivers and rebooted, seems to be working now...

*Ok so now my mic won't record, I can finally get back to recording line in sound (YES!), but my mic recording isn't working.

If you're using the Wolfson DAC (high sample rate mode w/ speakers plugged into rear surround out), unfortunately you can't record. You'd have to switch to another mode and use the lower quality DAC to be able to record.

I'm using my headset plugged into the back, it has a mic on it. Onboard sound is disabled.

soundhelpresize.jpg

Weird, if you aren't on high sample rate mode, your mic should work just fine...maybe somebody else can chime in.

On a side note, if you set it to digital out and plug your speakers (or headset) into the black jack next to the S/PDIF out, you'll get much better sound quality (but recording won't work at all).

I tried plugging it in, but I didn't get any sound from, it. It's probably something simple I'm doing wrong. Mic is working since it was plugged into the wrong slot. (Case angle was covering it up...) :bang head
29-120-103-01.JPG
soundsettings.jpg

Plug your output into this jack:

2912010301tt3.jpg

And set up your panel like this:

untitledtz8.jpg

I did, I am not noticing any difference... Perhaps you can enlighten me why recording is turned off with high sample rate, why it's only on high sample, and provide me (or link me) to some high quality music. :)

Could my headsest possibly be limiting me?

Thanks for everything!

Hazaro said:
Could my headsest possibly be limiting me?

Thanks for everything!
There is no way for the sound card to know if the headset can take it or not.

I mean it's just a higher sample rate right? So it shouldn't matter what I'm listening to? Either way I'm really happy because these no more fuzz and everything sounds better :)
Just wanting to know a bit more :)

I don't know, I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD555's through a cmoy amp, and I definitely notice the difference.

As for recording being disabled in high sample rate, I think that's just a limitation of the Envy24HT-S chip the card uses.

But if you can't tell the difference, might as well just use regular 2 channel mode, since you can still record.

Ugh, still a little bit of trouble, again the sound went blank on one side, but I switch to two channel and back and it was fine. Went back to 2 channel for recording, and stuff was fuzzy. I have no idea if something is different or not, but I went back to 96k and it's much better.

Nothing serious, just shouldn't be happening as far as I am concerned.

For me the latest drivers are extremely buggy. They like to set themselves to 2 channel mode randomly and cut out halfway through a song.

I just noticed you have the same card as me...
I was wondering why the sample rate won't go to 192 even though it says it can. Is this only through optical?

I'm able to set mine to 192, but it makes all audio sound really slow for some reason...I think that's only used for optical.

Oh! So that's what was causing it... It sounded really cool playing a game with it slow like that though, thanks for everything :)

Back