• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this hold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NO.

Do not get that cheap generic thing.

The psu is the HEART of your computer, that powersupply is one you should stay right away from....

In most cases that would break, and break all you're components with it!

Decent PSUs:

CorsairHX520
Seasonics
Antec Earthwatts
Silverstone

Do not get that at all.....

This will hold - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

I repeat do not get that PSU that probably wouldn't even produce that amount of watts.

Not by a long shot am I going to blanket recommend Rosewills but that RP500-2 did pretty well in its review. ATNG put together a decent low cost build for them.

Good voltage regulation and clean output but mediocre efficiency. Must be noted that Fuhjyyu caps are used in the secondary so good case airflow is a must if you're considering this PSU for long term use.

Madmat found the OCP doesn't kick in on the first 12v rail until around 24A so you shouldn't have to worry about overloading one rail.

I'd rather see you get some 80+ Enhance or Seasonic built unit but the Rosewill RP500-2 should do.

Actually, this cheap psu doesn't do badly at all in this review on the JonnyGURU website. The reviews done there and at [H]ard|OCP are some of the most thorough psu reviews done that I've read too. Still, I would rather use a psu that has higher efficiency than the Rosewill. Just remember, you are trusting hundreds of bucks worth of components on something that can easily smoke them all in a heartbeat if it fails. I am much more comfortable paying the extra money for a psu from a company that is known to produce good power supplies.

I see that Alexhk has also linked you to the same review I have while I was composing this reply. :)

The Rosewill unit may have earned a good review, but are all units up to spec? I doubt Rosewill's quality control is as good as some other suppliers. I friend of mine bought a Rosewill PSU despite my warnings, only because he is really cheap. Spend a few bucks more, and get a nicer PSU. I like this Silverstone unit (ST50E-Plus). It has great efficency, and has enough power to keep you going. It is not as expensive as the afore mentioned Corsair unit, but it is not modular.

Alright guys.. Thanks for the fast replys. The dam thing is sitting next to me.. lol. So im going to send it back and get something better. You are right, its not worth it.. An extra 50 bucks.. Ok so this card says it need 26 Amps on the 12V? Am I looking for a true 26 amps? Im thinking that corsair one.. Its only 120.. Anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks again.

Back