• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Corsair 520HX perfect for my system or too much ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morvak

Disabled
Will the Corsair 520HX be enough for this build:

- E6420 OC'd to 3.2 ghz (FSB 400) on air
- GA-P35-DS3R with 2gbs ram
- 8800 GTS 640k
- (1) 320gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
- optical dvd burner

Or is this more than enough power and I could get away with something less expensive ? Because I don't plan to run SLI, although I may increase my CPU in the future as well as my videocard to a G90 when it's reasonably priced and available (1-2 years from now).

The Corsair 520HX/620HX also both seem to be beyond perfection in quality according to all information I've been able to find. IMHO they're worth the money even if they provide more power than you need.

yep it's a perfect match...
your system is pulling about 300w peak would be my guess

Yup prefect match. This system can handle X1950's in Crossfire mode, it can handle a single 8800 card.

BTW cute kid. Congrats.

I've got a similar system, just a lower powered graphics card, and the 520HX is working great for me. Might want to trade in the wife though. ;)

Just picked up that PSU myself from Buy.com instead of newegg.

At Newegg it's 120 after rebate...

Versus

Buy.com with Google Checkout is 70.

and both with free shipping!

EDIT: although I think the buy.com rebate expires today 6/26

MattCoz said:
I've got a similar system, just a lower powered graphics card, and the 520HX is working great for me. Might want to trade in the wife though. ;)

Told my wife I was gonna trade her in on a coupla 25 year olds...........

She said I couldn't handle it............. :confused: :D

Back