• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my cpu temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brrenters

Using a zalman 7700 on my c2d E4300.

cpu running @ 3.0, volt - 1.35

coretemp .94 - 58-62C
Speedfan - 55-60C
TAT - 68-72C

This is at full load on orthos. Are these temps too high?

Phew, that's HOT! I don't like load temps any higher than 50 C.
A few questions:
1) Have you lapped your heatsink?
2) Are you using Arctic Silver 5 TIM?
3) Have you tried remounting your heatsink?

I am using exactly the same heatsink as you, the Zalman CPNS7700CU-LED (with Arctic Silver 5 TIM) on E6600 Clocked at 3.0Ghz and it hardly goes over 31 degrees on idle and 40 on full load..

I do admit that this heatsink is pretty hard to put on..
Are u sure that the surfaces are contacted properly?
and as ValKillmore said,, have you tried remounting ur heatsink and use some decent TIM?

Let's see... I don't really want to try lapping my cpu, but I did put arctic 5 on my cpu before mounting it. My brother mounted my cpu for me though, so I may end up just trying to remount it.

I was kind of suspicious because my voltages really aren't that high, I havn't pushed my cpu that much, and yet I was getting high temperature readings.

One more thing. What program are you guys basing your temperature readings off of?

Note: My DTS reading on coretemp .95 is 54C idle, 25C full load. Could any of you check up on those temps to see if they're too hot as well?

Last edited:
Is this a sign of my heatsink not being properly installed? My cpu idles at 30-33C, but at full load on orthos it rises all the way up to 60-62C. Judging by other peoples' temp ranges, it seems that the jump from idle to full load is much too large on mine.

Back