• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic silver and my heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorseal

I have the TT's 735 watercooling kit right now, and although I know its not the best kit out there, it stops me from spending 50-60 bux for some decent air cooler, and give me time to put my custom waterkit piece by piece...

anyways, When I first bought the arctic silver, I got the instructions from the interntet, and I remember that it told me to put literally like a tiny dot on the cpu, and to spread it with a credit card... while this worked, how is that any amount of 'enough' compound? I mean that was so little (especially when spread) I could see the writings through it!

Few hours, I'm going to get my rig, so I don't want to mess anything up while putting the heatsink to the CPU, so I wanted to ask how much you guys put when you used arctic silver.... just as much as the manual said, or a tad more?

you know what, I thought I put this in the coolign section... sorry I'll repost it there, jsut delete this one :(

Back