• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installed new mb and having problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackp1

Registered
i installed a new motheboard yesterday asus 775I65G it went it fine. today i got my new hdd maxtor diamondmax 21 160GB, anyway i installed the hdd booted the pc up,i went into bios set the time and date. went to boot settings and set to boot from dvd the hdd is showing in bios so i thought great i put vista in the dvd, booted up pressed a key to boot from dvd its then proceded to load windows after that i click on copy of vista i have click next then it goes to installing windows, copying windows files ticked, next to it then it moves down to expanding files after it does 1% the screen goes blank then it lights up bright blue with the following message a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to pc irql-not less-or-equal technical info stop 0x0000000A(0x000000010,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x8889362c now iv tried another 2 hdd's i have and it does exactly the same, iv just pluged the new hdd in this pc and it picked it up straight away and i haven't got a clue what else to do please help as im totaly baffeld

Back