• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120.3 location

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roisen

I was wondering if I could fit a 120.3 into the bottom of my case and have it blow air through vents I cut in the bottom for it. I move my computer around a lot (LAN parties!) so an external rad is not an option.

Has anyone else done this with a similarly sized rad? if so, pics please!

What case do you have? It was done with other 120.3 radiator but the cases are not small.

My case seems to have vanished from the interweb...

case is ~17.5inches front to back, and there is 3 inches clearance from the bottom before the radiator would hit my 250mm fan. about 7.5 inches from side to side, or 6 inches after taking the motherboard and pci slots into account.

If you're wondering how bad the effects of fighting the natural convection of the air would be (and probably sucking some of the warm air back in the case), I don't know.

Here are the websites of some of the best 120x3 radiators; all have the dimensions of the radiator:
Thermochill PA120.3
Swiftech MCR-320 QP
HW Labs BlackIce Pro III
CoolingWorks CoolRad-32T
(if you're interested in any other radiators, just find their company's website and look for the dimensions on it... they're out there)

Back