• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G5 (new) mouse profiling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoliani

To start with I wan't to use center button on the mouse for left and right. I can only keystroke one set for that button and that's with the click on center button. But I also want to keystroke role right/left. But it isn't possible for BF2 or any other game I have tried. I use Logitech Setpoint 4.0 software. Is there any additional software that let's you use setting key's for left/right. One other problem is:

http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/mx518/images/Snap15.jpg

When I have the "Apply Game Settings when a game is detected" my mouse act's all wierd in the game. The DPI can get all crazy and also I can not use the side forward button on my mouse, only the side back button. I have set a key on forward button in the game but when I hit the button in the game it lowers the DPI light one step. With Setpoint 3.3 it increased the DPI with one step. Crazy! Anyone else having this problem?

i have both my left and right sidescroll set to be the middle click through the setpoint software. all my games and apps see it the same way as the middle click..

Can you set the left/right sidescroll to any key in a game? Example you leftscroll and you get weopon 3 you rightscroll you get weopen 4.

i think the trick is to set them to actual KEYS and not use them as default...i dont think games see the default scroll left and right forward/backward thumbs.

i set my buttons to keystrokes so that i can change them in all games easier...figured that out a long time ago when i couldnt get my thumb buttons to work in MOHAA Spearhead

I experience a bunch of bugs when it comes to my G5 and Counter Strike Source. Sometimes it randomly decides to switch sensitivities and goes to the lowest sensitivity. Instead of hitting the up sensitivity button to fix the problem I have to hit the bottom sensitivity button to increase it. Totally whacked out but I hear there's lots of general problems/bugs with Logitech drivers.

All setting in SetPoint are correct as well.

I just bought a G5 the other day for CSS and my setpoint gets some kind of error when I try to start it so I'm not even using it. My DPI buttons work fine but the thumb button must not be set to anything b/c it does nothing that I can see. The wheel changes weapons (up/down) but the tilt does nothing and the wheel isnt very responsive.

I can live with all of this though, my main concern is how the hell people play with the insane sensitivity of 2000 dpi? It's great for spinning around on people but then you have to make smaller adjustments to aim for the head and its just too sensitive. What I end up doing is lowering the in-game mouse sensitivity to like 2-4 which nearly negates my ability to spin quickly.

Yea, setting it to keystrokes solves it. Turn off "Apply Game Settings when a game is detected" and you will not have any problem with Setpoint on.

I have the thumb button set to push q (switch between current and last weapons) and here's the problem...

I will scope a weapon (right click), then hit the switch weapon to go to pistol (and get out of scope), then hit it again to go back to sniper (not zoomed in). This for some reason reduces my sensitivity to the lowest level and to increase it I have to hit the lower sensitivity button. Raise sensitivity doesn't do anything.

This is a reproducable bug for me, even between reformats. Also, all the button except left and right click are assigned to key strokes in CSS.

Any tips anyone?

Hey Strida, I was having the same exact problem. Set up everything the way you want it in Setpoint, then make sure "game detection" is unchecked. I also selected Windows control instead of Setpoint and all my issues went away (not sure if that one made a difference but it sure didn't hurt anything). Those are the only two things I changed from my initial setup that had tons of problems in BF2142. I was about to take back my new blue G5 before reading this thread and figuring it out, so thanks guys!

Back