• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get 5200 any farther. Any Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irodex

Registered
Hi guys, here are my specs :

AMD x2 5200 Windsor
DFI LANPARTY UT NF590
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800
EVGA 8800 GTS
600 watt power supply
Windows Vista

I have been trying to get my 5200+ higher but am unsuccessful.

I can get it up to 2.97 Ghz (228 x 13) without changing any settings other then the clock. If I want to go higher I have to drop the memmory speed from the stock 400 mhz down to 200 mhz and up the vcore to about 1.45 Volts.

I can get up to 3.042 (234 x 13) Mhz with the new settings, but it freeze or crash 3D Mark in the 2nd CPU test if I go any higher. It also seems pretty pointless because when my memory is at 200 mhz I get a lower CPU score even tho my CPU is running faster.

I have tried lowering my HTT multiplier down to 3x and putting my Northbridge voltage from 1.2v to 1.3v, but I get the same thing.

Anyone got any recomendations as to how to get this thing to get any higher? Or how to at least get it to the point I'm at (3.042) without having to lower my memory speed?

Thanks!

If you want to hit higher memory speeds you can try either looser timings and/or more voltage to the memory.

Also, you shouldn't have to go from 400mhz all the way down to 200mhz, there should be steps in between.

3ghz is pretty decent for an AMD chip. So far I've only been able to get 2.8ghz stable on my rig, although I think it may be the board that's holding me back and not the chip, the 3600+ only has a 9.5 multiplier.

Kuroimaho said:
Do you really have to drop the HT ? Cause it is fine for me at 1400 at the moment rams running 280. ;)
If it's stable then it shouldn't matter. However dropping it also makes zero difference to performance, there's no change between 300 and 1400. Dropping it down to 3x just rules it out as a bottleneck.

Back