• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35-DQ6 and the Zalman 9700 PLz help !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkSouls

Registered
Hi Guys,

I just got the p35 DQ6 board and was about to install my CPU fan Zalman 9700 to find out that the board has a super cooler copper plate attached to the back..

i cant install the fan coz the mount scrwes won't reach the back cover coz of the coper plate..

I'm currently stuck with this fan as i can get it back to the dealer.. so wot to do ? can i remove this plate or would it affect the board performance/temp

... or should i get longer screws ?

plz help

Hmmm no answers >.<

i went out and bought a few screws .. + 1 cm 2+ cm and +3 cm than the original ones that came with the zalman...

the +1 didn't work but the +2 worked like a charm ... the board is a little bit elivated but not that much and i managed to fit it in my lian li with no problems ...

will keep you posted if anything happenes .. hope not ..

laters

Dark

You could remove the plate from the old dq6, so I bet it would be ok on the current model. Try a hair dryer to heat and loosen the adhesive.

The instruction manual shows you how to remove the backplate and you should recieved some extra screws with the board for use after you remove it.

shorcut ...

hi'

just pay attention to set the board high enough, this center backplate for the NB can touch the case or mobo holder if the HS os heavy!
the space is very thin, check it twice, and if touch put a slightly higher interscrew in the middle to support the weight of the HS.

good idea to set longer screw, coz I think that tese late are here for some reasons, in the booklet of the DS4, they don't talk about removing the backplate ...

i686

ps; I'll get a DQ6 soon, and the infinity is 960 grs ... heavy!!
the inter screw is set already and it doesn't disturb at all ;)

I know this is an old thread but I got a surprize last week when I went to install my Zalman and just wanted to post how I got round it.

What I did was take the nuts out of the Zalmans back plate. Disregarded the back plate and gently twisted the nuts onto the screws from the top plate leaving nothing between the nuts and the board. I know it could potentially crack the board but it is very effective.

I also have a 3 speed 120mm fan slid between my memory and my Zalman with 2 cable ties at the top holding it to the Zalman.

Gaucho

Last edited:
Back