• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crunching 24/7 now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
I just repalced my Coolermaster + delta with a glaciator II. This means that i can leave my comp running 24/7 now. The noise of the delta used to keep me awake.

Overclocked to 1.54 so far, should get 1.6.

What memory timings should i use to help my wu times?

I found that for SETI memory speed is king, even beyond fsb speed. I lowerd my fsb from 117mhz to 105 but raised the memory speed from fsb (117mhz) to fsb+pci (140mhz) and cut 20 minutes off my crunch time average. Keep that in mind when you start tweaking.

the fastest you can get your memory to run the better
however setting your ram at a lower CAS setting will provide a large boost to WU times
ie. ram at 133mhz CAS2 will outperform ram at 140 CAS3

so set your ram to as low a CAS as possible and then up the FSB for your best speed
:)

just try to set the highest timing in the BIOS, and run the fastest FSB u could get from it. SETI LOVE fast memory more than anything.

and it's good to hear that u could run 24/7 now. we always need as much cruncher as possbile:D especially now we have a incoming enemy insight.....(AMDMB.com) ;)

RED Hot Machine said:
I just repalced my Coolermaster + delta with a glaciator II. This means that i can leave my comp running 24/7 now. The noise of the delta used to keep me awake.

Overclocked to 1.54 so far, should get 1.6.

What memory timings should i use to help my wu times?
On my 8K7A's I run 8882222 at up to 180FSB with corsair PC2400. Tell me more about your glaciator 2 - what kind of fan does it have and how quiet is it compared to your old setup?

Re: Re: Crunching 24/7 now

TC said:

On my 8K7A's I run 8882222 at up to 180FSB with corsair PC2400. Tell me more about your glaciator 2 - what kind of fan does it have and how quiet is it compared to your old setup?

Thanks for the memory timings i'll try that.

There is a review on the front page of the HS.

It is much quieter, if i turn my case fans off I can barely here the hsf over the powersupply. :D The high pitch noise of the delta 38 i had gave me a headache after a few hours using the comp.

i would use the most agressive memory timeings u can they helped me get my wu time down and now i am running about 3.5-3.1hr depending on the ar of the wu

Back