• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Robbed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

genghisjohn

Somebody broke in my apartment today and stole my 360, ps2, and my Macbook. I am so effing mad I can't sit still. The policeman found what looks to be a good set of prints on the window (was locked) where the jerk(s) came in to the house. I guess I'll have to wait for the crime lab to come out and dust for prints in the morning. For now I'm hoping my renter's insurance covers what they took.

genghisjohn said:
Somebody broke in my apartment today and stole my 360, ps2, and my Macbook. I am so effing mad I can't sit still. The policeman found what looks to be a good set of prints on the window (was locked) where the jerk(s) came in to the house. I guess I'll have to wait for the crime lab to come out and dust for prints in the morning. For now I'm hoping my renter's insurance covers what they took.
Dude, that seriously sucks, I hope you find out who did it or atleast get reimbursed for it!!

Keep us updated ;)

that just happened to me recently, i made a post: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=502043

anyways, yah renters insurance covers *most* of it, but take a 500 dollar deductable, so claim a little more than they actually took. i know it sounds dirty, but oh well. i did finally get my 360 back but i STILL cant find a wii. :-(

dont get too worked up, insurance will come thru, but it will take a few weeks.

I had my laptop stolen out of may car last winter....a $250 thinkpad PII 400mhz bought off ebay a few years before to use as an mp3 player mostly....insurance gave me $800 for it...I had cost of replacement. I chipped in a little got a turion 2ghz, 1g RAM, radeon x700 128mb in it......worked out well ;) after it being a huge hassle of course....so I feel for ya

wow, i feel bad for you. but seriously you have to think of who knows you had that equipment and who would steal them for you. have any enemies? or is this just random luck they broke in and hit gold.

kiltz said:
wow, i feel bad for you. but seriously you have to think of who knows you had that equipment and who would steal them for you. have any enemies? or is this just random luck they broke in and hit gold.

I thought of that too, but I am very careful of who comes over to my apartment and I don't have any enemies who I know of. I think it was somebody in the neighborhood and my stuff was carried out in the duffel bag they stole. There is a dirt footprint right under the window where they came in and it is pretty small (I think it's some kid on summer break). I want to say they broke in and hit gold. It sucks because I will be buying a house before the end of the year, just saving up and waiting for my job to transfer me closer to home.

genghisjohn said:

Smart man. Renters insurance to the rescue:D

Damn that sucks. Yeah, insurance is great but just the fact that people come in and take your stuff is enough to really **** you off. Some stuff can't even be replaced like heirloom jewelry etc.... I've got a Swiss Army watch I'd be REALLY ****ed if somebody took because I won't find another like it. Same with some of my VideoGame stuff. I've got nearly 30 year old ColecoVision carts that would be difficult if not impossible to replace.

However, unlike you (probably) I've got a great theft deterrent, 2 actually one will howl and bark like crazy if somebody comes in or near the house, the other will bark at anything that comes near and chomp anything that enters :D Dogs FTW!!!

The Crime Scene Unit dusted my apartment today. They bagged up a lot of my stuff to take to their lab. It took me a few hours to clean up. I've also put L-brackets on all the windows so they'll have to break them if they come back for my tv, desktop, etc..

What is really driving me crazy is that the crooks took the game systems but left the games. Also, they took my HDMI cable that goes from my cablebox to my TV. I was sitting there thinking why the hell would they take that. It's almost like Dane Cook's "Vicious Circle". I was in my living room yelling "WHY THE F WOULD YOU TAKE THE HDMI CABLE, YOU CAN'T EVEN USE IT, I DID MY BEST, I DID MY BEST, I DID MY BEST...."

Hope the cops find the punks that did this. In the meantime, I'm going to drink a few cold beers to calm me down.

FudgeNuggets said:
Damn that sucks. Yeah, insurance is great but just the fact that people come in and take your stuff is enough to really **** you off. Some stuff can't even be replaced like heirloom jewelry etc.... I've got a Swiss Army watch I'd be REALLY ****ed if somebody took because I won't find another like it. Same with some of my VideoGame stuff. I've got nearly 30 year old ColecoVision carts that would be difficult if not impossible to replace.

However, unlike you (probably) I've got a great theft deterrent, 2 actually one will howl and bark like crazy if somebody comes in or near the house, the other will bark at anything that comes near and chomp anything that enters :D Dogs FTW!!!

I was going to suggest dogs... and a MOAT.

I've got a six-foot-high IRON fence, with deadly spikes on top. That and I work from home and I'm armed... "...to the teeth." -Benicio del Toro "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

No point in looking for enemies, or neighbors, or anybody really. Just let the insurance do it's job. I love homeowner's insurance.

I have to find my Swiss army knife. I was moving and it just DISAPPEARED! It's not in my old apartment in France. My friend looked twice and the landlord didn't find it when he was cleaning the place out. Must be here somewhere. It, much like your watch Fudge, is my most prized possesion.

Dud that sucks, i can't imagine what it feels like. I think it is time for ONI to release the shotgun sound device, a device that makes the sound of a shotgun being loaded. Should scare the living **** put of a woodbe robber, i know it would scare the crap out of me. Well i hope they find who did it. This is where GPS tracking devices come in handy.

Back