• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jumped Ship, new 3770k user

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you can use it while it primes... hell, I game while mine folds away... I do have to stop the GPU client though...

you can use it while it primes... hell, I game while mine folds away... I do have to stop the GPU client though...

Matters not anymore, it made it through (didn't think it was going to fail). Now to shut a bunch of this stuff down and see what, if anything, improved score wise! :)

Just don't test with the windows score system... lol

Ooof, +1. WEI is only good for setting up an SSD man.. dont believe the hype otherwise!

Yeah I know... WEI has said 5.9 since my previous build... everything else was up there, except the HDD because I'm still using a 1 TBB HDD which doesn't pass their "Strict Standards" :screwy: READ: I don't have an SSD. I still boot in under 35 seconds though.

Anyway:
Cinebench 11.5:
-GPU: 75.52 from 69.83
-CPU: 9.78 from 9.57

PiFast - 14.87 from 15.37

WPrime32 - 5.647 seconds from 5.909 seconds
WPrime1024 - 173.068 seconds (apparently didn't run this test at the other speed)

3DMark11 - P8254 (Didn't write down my previous score on this)

Most of that is just for fun. If I was serious about benching I would jack the voltage up to be stable enough to bench at 5.3GHz and call it a day, but I benchmark for 24/7 stability results not top scores (I don't have the money for that! :p).

Anyway, the 3DMark11 score kinda is strange, it says my video card has a core speed of 705MHz and memory only 3004MHz. My 660ti Superclocked is actually a hair over 1050MHz (boost clock) and 6008 MHz Memory clock (unless this is supposed to be half like Memory speeds are?).

Eitherway... I've gone ahead and placed the side cover back on the case. Case ambient is 23ºC so the 30ºC ish water temp isn't too bad under load.

Read 2d clock in the core. Memory is ddr rate (notice its exactly 1/2?)

Figured it was supposed to be that way. One more thing I'm not 100% sure I understand why it is that way but it is what it is! Something I've wanted to at least try and understand is memory timing stuff and all that. I should go do that research while I await my dinner.

I realize it has been a LONG time since this thread was updated, but for curiosity sake and for the odd person out there wondering just how long a 3770k can go, delidded, at the voltages I was running it at... today is the day it finally went kaput and wont boot without dropping the multiplier. Soo.... just over 3 years. All in all, better than a poke with a sharp stick! :) Definitely got my money's worth out of the chip.

On to the next big thang.... delidded (why not?) 4790k in an AsRock Z97X Killer Fatality board. Can't wait to start pushing this 4790k higher and higher. Currently doing an Aida64 test at 4.8GHz @ 1.4v. So far so good. Going to push the multiplier as high as it will go before needing more voltage than work down in voltage from the stable multiplier. Interesting how this 4790k runs higher clock speeds than the 3770k it is replacing. Technology is great isn't it!? :)

I'll start another thread for that if I need assistance or want to brag about the chip! :p

Back