• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake symphony & p5k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

has anyone used the thermaltake symphony mini with a P5K mobo? there's a plate with an insulator that you have to stick to the bottom of the mobo, but there are things preventing it from attaching flush to the surface. should i do it anyway? any ideas?

or should I scrap this symphony kit and get something else? my goal is to OC a Q6600 to around 3GHz and run a silent HTPC I'll also use for photo and video editing. (when i say "silent" i mean as quiet as i can do it without giving up too much performance)

be gentle - this is my first build in 4 years and my first attempt at watercooling lol

it was around $250-275 i think. i've already boxed it up for return. that plate just wouldn't make good contact. the symphony is way older than these new p35 boards (my particular unit was assembled in 8/2006). my guess is that they need an update to the insulator plates.

Back