• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 2600pro, an inauspicious start...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ARCJr

Well, despite DangerDen's assurances, the four hole adaptor for my Maze5 isn't even close to being compatible with the 2600pro. When centered it's at least half a centimeter too far from each hole. I didn't have any time to play with it yesterday. So, tonight, I check to see if the two hole adaptor from my x800XL will work.

On a separate topic, I was surprised to see that the 2600pro was about an inch shorter than the x800XL.

Well, more to come...

What a difference a few hours makes. As it turns out, there is one additional mounting option that DD doesn't advertise or document, and that are unrelated to the adaptors...and it works on the 2600, and likely the 2400 as well, if anyone is interested. The card runs SIGNIFICANTLY cooler than the x800XL, which wasn't exactly a power hog, either.

Catalyst 7.7 installed right away, without issues, even on my ancient, barely stable, WinXP Pro instance. I'm downloading some HD content to see how the card runs.

I'm not surprise it runs cool!! my passive HD2400XT idle at 35c or so inside a shuttle SFF box!! the highest I've seen it runs is at low 40s in a hot afternoon.

Back