• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

22deg C E6750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightelph

Hey all, I finally got the bracket needed for my xp-90c heatsink, and I must say I'm happy with the results! In BIOS, my P5B says my cpu multi can be eight (default) or 7, 6. I've set it to auto, and manual (8), and the cpu-z readout keeps switching between the two speeds. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Put it under a load to get the true reading after you turn off the speedstep.

Don't trust what coretemp reports there especially on G0 series, it needs an update.

Well TAT is pretty neat; it reports 31 C for the cores idle, ~52 under load. To disable speestep, I can just set my power profile to 'high performance' right? If so it was already off. The 22 I reported earlier was the temp ?between? the two cores, not the cores themselves.

nightelph said:
Well TAT is pretty neat; it reports 31 C for the cores idle, ~52 under load. To disable speestep, I can just set my power profile to 'high performance' right? If so it was already off. The 22 I reported earlier was the temp ?between? the two cores, not the cores themselves.

I think it's called c1e in the bios, set to disable.

I disabled C1E, didn't see Eist. I had seen a P5K in-depth config post/guide around..

Last edited:
Whoops, P5K, yes. And oddly I didn't see Speedstep in BIOS.. I ran TAT all night, was at 55c in the morning, ambient room temp fairly warm. I'm getting ready to OC my new rig, just tweaked the case cooling, and installed the thermalright hsf. Man that 8800gtx is hot. I'm want to make sure I have a nice, stable OC I know I can go to for when Bioshock comes out later this month.

On the P5B-D its in the area where you change your multiplier. You have to actually scroll down so to speak to see the speedstep option. Im presuming the P5K and P5B BIOS options will be similiar.

So try scrolling down, you may see the SpeedStep Option down there.

I have a problem with temp readings on my e6750 so I'll just write a post in this thread instead of opening a new one.
The problem is that TAT, speedfan and coretemp all show too low core temp imho. They show 15 - 19 deg. C at idle while my room temperature is 24. I have TT ultra120a cooler with 120mm fan, still temps below room temp is a bit too idealistic. BIOS showed 22 C but cpu was also a bit more stressed at load than at idle.
Anyone knows a solution?

Wellcome to OcF alPlant !! :welcome:

I know its confusing because "software" based cpu temp reading will never be accurate and I guess you and all of us have to live with that bitter fact. :D

bing, thanks for reply :)
I heard software temps and volts cant be accurate, but there's seems to be a lot of people who has e6750 and dont have this issue. I wonder do I have a faulty cpu or is something wrong with my mobo (gigabyte ga-p35-ds3r).

Bing: What are you using to measure ambient temps? Is it a mobo sensor or an actual thermometer in your room? If its a mobo sensor, perhaps you could try reloading the chipset drivers. These core temps seem quite low indeed, but they are a newer G0 revision... Also, welcome to the forum, I've found none better.

Ambient ? Well, assuming the air flow is good, then its the room temp using plain olde thermometer :) , or if it is not, then it might be higher than that or just stuck a thermometer in the casing. :)

Mobo sensor never need driver, just boot up and see it from BIOS, but alas, they're also not accurate. :(

OOT, check this out how I discovered where my mobo (P5B-Dlx) temp sensor is, and its way off. :(

I was searching for a solution on the net and found out that many people on XS forum say these programs show about 15 C lower temp than real with G0 cpus. Well, long story short, I added 15 C offset and now idle temps are a bit below 30C and with Orthos running they rise up to 43C. It looked better before :) but I hope this is somewhat nearer reality.

+15c sounds like sensible temp. I'll have to find the XS thread and see how they're measuring. I wonder what a E6700 runs at... TAT maxes my cores at ~55, orthos ~43.
In my P5K bios 0404, SpeedStep is NOT listed!

I've seen the first thread, stopped reading the second when they started talking about beer! I'm not going to hold my breath for a sub - 20c core temp, ~30 is fine by me. And I only expected a 1-3 temp drop on average with G0, so this 'add 15c' rule sounds legit.

Back