• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5950X is my boost ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PathTracer

Hello to all here!

This is my very first post in this forum and I am glad for this.

I've downloaded a week ago the new release of Ryzen Master and I happily found out the new option Curve Optimizer and it's validation offset function. Surprisingly once the validation process ended, Ryzen Master gave to me these results:

All cores -30 except of CO02 -26 and CO04 -23.

Initially I thought it was a joke but once I've tried some CPU-Z and C4D 23 tests I've started achieving some interesting results. I was getting some random crashes so I've set these new values which now work perfectly:

Ryzen_Master_Screenshot.jpg

Now, here is why I am writing to you for an advice, if I test the system with CPU-Z I get this situation:

Multi Thead score: 13246.2
Single Thread score: 694.9

Multi Thread data:
Peak Speed 4.600 Mhz on all cores
Temp 75°C
Peak Core Voltage: 1.37 - 1.385

Single Thread Data:
Peak Speed 4988 - 5002 Mhz
Temp 55°C - 57°C
Peak Core Voltage: 1.456

1652573979018.png 1652574168111.png

I should be happy right? What is bugging me are the peak volts, max 1.385 in Multi Thread and 1.456 in Single. I know very well about the 5950X's capability and architecture on working on high voltage but now that my OC curves are different than the past (I had an all core -25 except a couple of cores at -12), I thought my max volts would be a bit lower. But guess what? The chip with this configuration gives to me fantastic numbers and results and the voltage went up!

I am a 3D Artist and I use this workstation for a lot of 3D rendering workload so I prefer to get some lower volts. You think is possible or you think I am completely wrong?
Maybe I could limit it with the PPT and use a lower value so it works a bit slower. I am also playing games with the same config and for example in FS2020 my voltage is constantly around 1.45 - 1.47!!! Should I worry?

This is my config:

AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master v1.2
128GB ram Kingston 3600
Nvidia 3080 RTX
3 Nvme disks installed + 4 normal SSD
Power Supply EVGA Super NOVA 850W G3 80+ GOLD
AIO Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 360
Case Fractal Torrent with 7 fans installed (3 are from the frontal AIO)

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward for your thoughts!
Have a nice Sunday and take care.

Thanks for getting back!

First of all your single boost score is amazing!
And it seems that yes, the voltage is the same.

I saw that you've managed to overclock also a bit your ram. My Kingston Fury never gave me any issues but I read in the past that is not a good idea to OC it over its standard.

Anyway, do you use your computer with this voltage under daily basis without issues?

I used for a year mines without any problems at all but all the voltage values were lower. Now that my Curves Offset are changed, my voltage max values went up and I am not quite used to it. Probably you guys have more experience on this.

Thanks again!

Back