• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another backside cooling brought to you by ThermalRight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not "nuff said". you forgot to mention that this HR-11 can be used in conjunction with a HR-03 ;). the end result?

image024.jpg

ancalime said:
Why'd they design it so it will stick up like that?
I looked at some installation diagrams, and it can be fully rotated so as to not get in the way of certain parts. Altogether though, those two vga coolers would take up a hell of a lot of space

Last edited:
There were some people testing a backside cooling concept.

Back side cooling does help by a bare margin and the gains are very minimal or close to non existant.

with gains so small, I am most likely not dropping $40 after tax and shipping for such a thing with a bigger con of taking up so much space for one part

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6222/vid-93/Thermalright_HR-11_Backside_VGA_Cooler.html

it's not worth it, a regular fan blowing directly on to the back side is most likely more effective (but not passive)

However I would understand if you buy this purely for looks, makes things look interesting inside of your computer :D

speaking of ways to waste money when does the thermalright ide cable heatpipecooler comeout?

Well you should see their demo cases, heatpipe towercoolers on the SB etc etc, already really cluttered and probably hurts case airflow badly, they just want to rip off the fans.

I love ThermalRight, but I'll go so far as to say that this is overkill.

I've always wanted to cool the PCB on the reverse side of the GPU, but I've never gotten around to it. The closest I've gotten is now where my V1-Ultra has a fan blowing air off of the fins that stretch around to the top of the card, and blows that air onto the top PCB. The result is that idle GPU is kept at ambient, and full load is only maybe 15 degrees hotter max.

I don't think that a heatsink would really work well in this case, I don't see how it can even make contact with the PCB. A good sized fan blowing on the PCB would work best.

"nuff said". ;)

shirker said:
not "nuff said". you forgot to mention that this HR-11 can be used in conjunction with a HR-03 ;). the end result?

image024.jpg
HA. good luck fitting the rest of the computer in your case.

Back