• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1800+ unlocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hadyn

Hi I have unlocked my XP 1800+. I can use all the multiplyers but when I boot up it comes in as an XP1600+. I just wandered if some one else has the same or if I have one of the bridges shorted to ground. The best I can run this with any stability is 11x 149/37 1639

XP 1800+ unlocked
A7V266-E
3 sticks of Micron PC2400 CAS2
400W power supply
WD ATA100 40 GB HD
Linksys net card
ASUS V7700 Deluxe Vid card
Windows XP home

i'm not sure but i think the bios detects what xp version by what multiplier it has.. so uping the multiplier would give higher xp posts and lower would be lower xp posts regardless of what the accualy cpu speed is. i have a 1500+ locked and my fsb is at 160 so i get 1.6ghz but my bios still says 1500+ because the multiplier is still the same

It still comes up as a 1600+ even with a mulitiplier of 12.5.
I want to make sure it is right because I want to put my water cooler on but then I can't get the processor out because the studs will be in the way BUMMER.
Thanks any way.

Your chip is not unlocked properly. I suspect that 1 or more of your bridges aren't pulling down the required resistance that should be supplied by your conductive material that you used. I successfully unlocked my 1600+ and all multipliers work and display the correct multiplier , FSB, AND corresponding XP rating at POST. Your chip, because one or more of the bridges isn't right, is now manually locked to a 1600+. You need to redo it with good conductive silver paint with a resistance, as measured with a multimeter, of ZERO.
This operation is a meticulously detailed thing to do, as it must be done absolutely correct or you get problems like you are experiencing.

I used superglue for the pits and CircuitWorks conductive ink pen for the bridges. I also taped off each bridge individually and when dried I tested each bridge for resistance before booting it.
Am currently running a 1600+ at 1800+ and I am sure it will go higher if I want.

Good Luck

The default "locked" multiplier for an XP 1800+ is 11.5, and the motherboard is reading it as 10.5 and you claim the multiplier at 11. None of this makes any sense.

Anyway, my XP 1800+ is locked and running at 1754 MHz (11.5 x 152.5 MHz). It runs everything except Prime95 at 1772 MHz (11.5 x 154 MHz). I don't see the point of all this unlocking mania given the results I'm seeing. Is anybody getting any further after unlocking? And you're not gonna get better performance if you get the CPU 50 MHz higher, but have to reduce the FSB to get there.

What bus speed is the cpu?
On my old system, If I raise the system bus speed too high I have Hdd problems on booting. Or, It shows a slower Mhz.

at the moment I have Internal clock 1627MHz
System Bus of 295.91
System clock 147.95
Multiplier 11
and shows a 1600+
this is with WCPUID

Back