• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What barbs fit a MCR 320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Moto7451 said:
3/8" NPT.

The problem is where to find some nice shiny metal ones that are 3/8 NPT thread and 1/2 inch barb. The only ones I have ever seen are the Brass ones Home Depot and Lowes sells. Brass works though just not as pretty as the chrome plated ones.

They probably also have stainless steel. Mine does anyways. If push comes to shove, just have some chrome dipped at a machine shop that does such things. Personally I always use plastic since bling factor isn't very important to me.

Edit: Found them, but they're expensive. Mcmaster.com item number 53505K72

Last edited:
Those are NOT the same and NOT compatible. You can use G rated BSPP threaded barbs on NPSM (as seen on the Storm, Apogee, etc) because they both lack taper (are straight thread fittings). NTP however does have a taper to it and the barb will not fit properly, probably leak, and possibly damage the radiator. Rc 3/8 fittings might work but those will cost more than their NPT counterparts would.

Edit: Reread this and it sounds a little harsh. I don't mean to be rude, just to clarify ;).

Last edited:
They probably also have stainless steel. Mine does anyways. If push comes to shove, just have some chrome dipped at a machine shop that does such things. Personally I always use plastic since bling factor isn't very important to me.

Edit: Found them, but they're expensive. Mcmaster.com item number 53505K72

Ouch $11.78 each.

Back