• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for something to keep this cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Its an ATI RADEON X1900XTX temps are high 80C-92C

To warm and lately its been starting to artifact, will be upgrading soon, but must do something with this in the meantime. What the best bang for buck out there?

looks nice but i dont think i have enough room under my card for that.

Do you know what your fan speed % is on your card? My x1950pro 512mb was running hot but when I started using ATI tools, I realized that when it was getting hot the fan was only at 50%...... wtf right? so I manually set ati tools to keep the temps at 49°c which is working very nicely for me. It idles at about 45°c so from normal stuff the fan speed is at 35% but when I start gaming or watching some video the fan speed increases as it passes 49°c and shoots up to 95% speed. Doing this my temps on my card are great even while overclocked and now I don't have to worry about it any more. I don't think the temps go above 65°c now while playing BF2 and FEAR.

Last edited:
Bad link?

Sorry, try this link HERE

I had an AcceleroX2 on my x1800xt and it was dead silent with the fan set to 100%, and did improve load temps by 12-15C (never loaded over 65C)... it was OCed pretty well too, but its been too long since I owned that rig, can't remember the exact OC specs :(

Back