• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Street Glow neon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firejunior88

Hello all,

I have acquired two street glow neon tubes for free from a friend. They have two wires coming off of them. I'm guessing one positive, one negative. Is there any way I could use these in a rig? In other words, is there a way to connect them to the power supply or some kind of other power source like a battery?

Here is the page on street glow:

http://www.streetglow.com/site/neon.neontubes10.php

Any help is appreciated

Do you have a picture of it? It won't load on that site.

I also read that you can connect them to a molex connetor, how would I do that?

You can't get it from there anyway. ( NO overseas shipping,

You can't connect it to a molex connector and their inverter is properitary AFAIK.

most importantly make sure your psu will be able to handle the needs of those tubes / inverter so go to autozone or pep boys or where ever they sell street glow and get the inverter

most importantly make sure your psu will be able to handle the needs of those tubes / inverter so go to autozone or pep boys or where ever they sell street glow and get the inverter

ok, how do I check if it does?

Something tells me you may be better off buying a set of proper pc neons with an inverter included,very cheap on ebay btw.

Yea, that might be a good idea. I just thought that I could use them since they were free and all. I don't know, I'll play around and see what I can dig up on the net. I was thinking on just using them for an external water cooling unit.

Thanks for the help guys.

They'll run, since they're designed to run off of a car's 12v system. Do you have the inverter that the sticks came with? Because they'll need the inverter to run.

Streetglow actually make the inverters for these, And they are propiertary so other neon inverters no worky.

It's sensible to just buy a full set they can be had really cheaply.

They'll run, since they're designed to run off of a car's 12v system. Do you have the inverter that the sticks came with? Because they'll need the inverter to run.

I'll see what I can do. It'll take some creativity but I think i can do it.

Back