• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA - How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

My P5B-D recently died. Since i bought it used here on the forums I have to deal with ASUS directly as opposed to newegg or whomever.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I sent them an email over 3-4 days ago now and don't have a response yet. I have school starting in less than a week and I'd really like to get this thing up and running quick.

I hear Asus RMA is a real drag and can take a long time to get a working board. If your needs are that urgent buy another board.

also if the purchase was recent contact the seller.

they are very very slowwww.i wouldnt bother emailing them or youll likely be waiting for a week.your best bet is to call them directly and speak very clearly lol,youll see what i mean.
their turn around is usually 2 weeks after they recieve the mb :(

I hear Asus RMA is a real drag and can take a long time to get a working board. If your needs are that urgent buy another board.

also if the purchase was recent contact the seller.

I can't afford another board at the moment...not with cash at least. I proposed a trade situation in another thread though...

they are very very slowwww.i wouldnt bother emailing them or youll likely be waiting for a week.your best bet is to call them directly and speak very clearly lol,youll see what i mean.
their turn around is usually 2 weeks after they recieve the mb

That's not great news. I'll call them tomorrow. Does anyone know if they do advanced RMAs? The sooner I can get this the better.

call them, they will just tell you to call them in an Email.

RMA # = 510-739-3777 .

I have had to RMA two Asus board in my life time. First one was a PC-DL that I bought new (but it came as a reburbed)..it was a steal at $100 from a no name website, it arrived dead. Asus gave me an RMA and 2 weeks later I was good.

Then just over the summer my P5B-D died on my randomly, end of may. By July I was still doing the RMA battle. First RMA board was defective. Second RMA board worked fine for 5 minutes, then it shut down, and wouldn't come back on. Power supply smelled funny and CPU wouldn't post anymore. 3rd RMA board, I never opened it I just sold it here. I cut my losses. (I went threw the entire trouble shooting steps and replaced every part of the computer with all 3 motherboards before I sold the 4th mobo).

If you have trouble I have a name for you to deal with in the RMA department.

I always do advance rma's and they always come sealed NIB within a week and I never get charged anything.

I only did a regular RMA once, and it was way worse. They messed up my form somehow and it got delayed by a week, so the total turnaround time ended up being about 3 weeks and I got refurbed boards in return.

I'd suggest always doing advanced RMA and never the normal one. A lot of people post a lot of bad experiences with their RMA, and I think its because their regular RMA's just work differently from advance RMA's.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask for an advance RMA. I'll let you guys know how this goes.

Is there any chance of them stepping me up to a P5K? I don't know if the P5Bs are still in production or not...was hoping I might luck out though. :p

Their RMA service jerked me around for over a month. They sent me TWO DEAD replacement boards. The first one didn't work at all, the second one didn't have any heatsinks on the PWMICS and the dual channel DDR DIMMS didn't work at all. By then I told them I had contacted the better business bureau and demanded an upgraded A8N32-SLI D over my standard A8N-SLI D. I got it in about a week after that though.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515809

I just started the RMA process for my P5B-Deluxe.

A quick question though...

How do they define bareboard? Should I remove the Northbridge/Southbridge coolers and save them for the replacement?

The guy on the phone said I should leave them attached if they came with the board. I don't want to risk them not being on the board when I get the replacement.

I just started the RMA process for my P5B-Deluxe.

A quick question though...

How do they define bareboard? Should I remove the Northbridge/Southbridge coolers and save them for the replacement?

The guy on the phone said I should leave them attached if they came with the board. I don't want to risk them not being on the board when I get the replacement.

barebone is just the mb with its stock cooling in place.everything else that came with the mb,io panel,driver cd,wifi adapter etc be sure to keep.they will be sending you the mb itself with none of the accessories.

i did a rma over the phone was 12 days turn around i think that was pretty good. did one a few years age took over a mouth so guess you never know
Rich

well, i rmaed thru the brick and mortar i bought it from, so it goes to their distributer, then they ship to asus, and then the cycle back.. it should be here within the next couple of weeks :thup:

:D

Back