• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp install failure...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

ok...so i am on a work computer that has gotten very fritzy lately. so i thought i would just reinstall the os and see how it helps it. the boot from cd works just fine, but when i hit enter to install xp it says that their are no hard drives connected to the computer and the install cannot continue. wtf? the HD is recognized both in xp and in the bios...i tried moving it to a diff chan and same result. any ideas? i might try a new hd.

You will need to install the RAID/SATA drivers. Go to your motherboard manufacturer's site and get the floppy install disc. Put that in and when you start the install, spam f6. It will prompt you to select the drivers from the floppy.

ok...so i am on a work computer that has gotten very fritzy lately. so i thought i would just reinstall the os and see how it helps it. the boot from cd works just fine, but when i hit enter to install xp it says that their are no hard drives connected to the computer and the install cannot continue. wtf? the HD is recognized both in xp and in the bios...i tried moving it to a diff chan and same result. any ideas? i might try a new hd.
Which version sp1, sp2....

You will need to install the RAID/SATA drivers. Go to your motherboard manufacturer's site and get the floppy install disc. Put that in and when you start the install, spam f6. It will prompt you to select the drivers from the floppy.

that was it...thank you very much

Back