• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 Over Clocking help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

Ok I just can't seem to get it all down but I have managed to hit 3.3Ghz on my CPU I think that it can do more than it is .
problem is how .
I have the EVGA 680I mobo and geil PC2-8000 RAM (one GB) .
Any one know how to get this thing to 3.5Ghz ? (stable that is )
there are so many things in this bios I do not know . I have had nothing but AMD setups for the last 8 years and this is really hard for me to figure out on my own .
But I know you all can do it as you all here have way more experience than I do ! Any help is much needed and much appreciated than you all.

Why cant you go further? What voltage?

Not sure why I have the vcore set to 1.4 I think I could go to 1.5 but I do not know if I should take the core up that high .
further more what are the 2 HT links supposed to be set to once you reach a certain limit ?
Oh yeah and there are also other voltages to consider the FSB and mobo and all that .
I just don't know what to set all this stuff to..

Well you can give it more volts if your cooling can handle it. I like to stay below 70c under P95.4. So check your temps.

As far as all the bios settings are, I wouldn't know exactly, but you can post your setting in this thread and I am sure someone can help you out on what to set them to.

I am also a first time intel user and have been AMD for quite a while and I too was a bit intimidated when I saw all the different bios settings. I am sure yours are similar to my asus, just probably named something different. DO some searches here in the intel section and in the mobo section. Then do some google, I am sure you will find what you need.

--pak

Bios settings .

OK here is what I have and what I need your help with (that is if you can) .

bios1ke6.jpg

bios2az9.jpg

bios3mm1.jpg

bios4vr2.jpg

bios5zm1.jpg

I thank you for your time and help with this .
Please get me to 3.5GHZ!!!!!!!

You have the memory voltage cranked up a little too high. I don't see any reason to be above 2.2v at the moment.

spi2wc6.jpg

RAM running fine ! I lowered the voltage and now it is fine 2.3 is what I have it set to .

I reread the post...I didn't see what the symptoms are. Does it just not boot? Does it lock up at a certain point?

At your current max OC, does it prime stable just fine and then up just a hair and fail?

What are your temps? Also, I'd leave "Thermal Control" on. That will save your bacon if your temps get to TJunction. (IE mismount HSF, HSF falls off, etc)

Unless you know what Virtualization is and have a use for it, you can disable it.

I reread the post...I didn't see what the symptoms are. Does it just not boot? Does it lock up at a certain point?

At your current max OC, does it prime stable just fine and then up just a hair and fail?

What are your temps? Also, I'd leave "Thermal Control" on. That will save your bacon if your temps get to TJunction. (IE mismount HSF, HSF falls off, etc)

Unless you know what Virtualization is and have a use for it, you can disable it.
@3.333Mhz the computer is fine if I try to take it passed this it fail to post or even boot .
As far as temps go there is nothing to worried about since I have the ultra chiltech CPU cooler the temps never get above 40c .
Ok I will turn the thermal control on then . and what is Virtualization ?
What does it do ?
Any thing els you think of that I can do ? I would really LOVE to see this CPU go higher (if at all possible ) this mobo is made to OC the heck out of the C2D so I can't understan why this thing will not go to 3.4GHz!

It sounds like you've hit a wall. What revision is that board? Is that the A1? If not, that could be the issue. It would seem odd to have the wall at 416 though. Could try a 7x multi and see how far the FSB goes.

Your ram is also running at 500mhz if I'm reading the screenshots properly. You can try backing it off a bit.

It sounds like you've hit a wall. What revision is that board? Is that the A1? If not, that could be the issue. It would seem odd to have the wall at 416 though. Could try a 7x multi and see how far the FSB goes.

Your ram is also running at 500mhz if I'm reading the screenshots properly. You can try backing it off a bit.
OK will do .
The RAM is running @ 500 =ing 1000Mhz .

Not sure as to the revision of this mobo I will have to chek is out .
But I ran Prime for 45+min and well I know it is not much for a stabilaty reading but I think this CPU has hit the wall . here is a screen shot of the temps and more for you to look at .
any way I am more than pleased at this new build !
streestestprime95ed1.jpg

I really don't see anything wrong there. The only thing I can think of is up the Northbridge voltage. Everything else seems fine.

Back