• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS woes - link width/bandwidth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrewM3

Registered
CPU-z reports x8 link width/x16 supported - enabled PCI-E in BIOS, Q6600 running Vista 64 bit 4GB ram with latest nvidia drivers (.69) - single 8800GTS, board is P5N-E

how do I adjust the link width? do I need two cards on SLI to achieve 16x?

thanks.

no, that board can't support duel 16x lanes, check the jumper card on the board and make sure it's set to the single card side.

don't worry though, even if your only running at 8x, the 8800gts can't saturate it anyhow. so your FPS or 3dmark scores are not being hurt. i battled with the p5n-e for a long time and found 8x or 16x - the scores are the same.

Oh wow!

Thanks for that info, that's really something else.

If you compare your 3dMark06 scores with other at hwbot.com how well do they stand up?

well, that was back when i was running a single GTS, i scored something like 11635 or something close to that in 3dmark 06 with that board. i havent run the GTS by itself since i moved to SLi and the p5n32e -

it wasnt a bad score for a single card though, i had the e6600 up to like 3.8GHz bench stable

Back