• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R680: fact or myth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
I've heard the "R680" might be released by the the first of the year. I also heard it does not exit because ATI made it up to find out who has been leaking info. Plus every rumor in between those two extremes. Does anybody really know what's happening?

Yeah all I've been hearing is the R670 that being the 55nm part as well.

HD2950 Pro that not only is under 100W if not mistaken saw 80W of power consumption but as well suppositly the same speed if not faster than the HD2900XT currently.

Yeah all I've been hearing is the R670 that being the 55nm part as well.

HD2950 Pro that not only is under 100W if not mistaken saw 80W of power consumption but as well suppositly the same speed if not faster than the HD2900XT currently.

well, it really IS a big jump in process.

Someone said that going from 90nm to 80nm was no big deal, but something like 90nm to 65nm requires a lot of layout and planning. Now they have the architecture nailed down, its very much a case of rearranging it to fit on a 55nm die...

Someone said that going from 90nm to 80nm was no big deal, but something like 90nm to 65nm requires a lot of layout and planning. Now they have the architecture nailed down, its very much a case of rearranging it to fit on a 55nm die...

Well the 2900 wasn't on 65nm it was on a 80nm core. So they had to totally rework it which they've been in the works of doing since the beginning of the year.

According to VR-Zone: "R680 will be the successor to R600 for the enthusiast segment slated for launch in end of Q4 and mass production in Jan 2008."

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=5044#Scene_1

According to Fudzilla: "Our friends at VR zone mentioned R680 but our sources close to ATI confirmed that there is no such card. ATI did make some presentation to catch who is leaking the info, mentioning false chips including the R650, R670 and now even R680, just to catch who is leaking the stuff."

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1385&Itemid=1

I don't usually put much stock in Fudzilla.

Back