• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown Router, Please help me Ident it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
While digging through the piles of ancient hardware pile, I found a small motherboard looking thingy. On the back it has 5 LAN ports, 1 WAN port, and a button (presumably reset) and a power connector. On the front of it, it has a few lights. The lights are arranged like this: vertical row of 3 (all green), space, 4x vertical row of 3s (top 2 green, 1 yellow), space, and vertical row of 3 (top 2 green, 1 red).

Visual: (sorry, mspaint + laptop mouse = sore fingers)
routerda2.jpg

The fact that there is 4xgreen makes me think that maybe one LAN port was covered. Also, there are 2 connectors for antennas, and they did lay nearby. So it is a wireless router.
That is how much I know will be seen from outside.

The wan port is LU1S041, which means this router is a 10/100.
On the board there is one big capacitor (1000 uF, 16V), and two smaller ones (470 uF, 10V).
There is a RTL8019AS network chip (looks like an intel one, with a crab).
Also, KENDIN KS8995E chip nearby. The biggest chip is Samsung ARM, but google returned nothing. There are the rest of 4 chips , SST, MX, SI and SI ones with google returning absolutely nothing of them.
On the bottom there are 8 small chips, which I assume are the memory. Sadly, all of them have different numbers....

Can someone please identify this router? I can't plug it in until I know what voltage it wants, and I don't know that until I can find the router it is and make a converter for it.

Kinda looks like my old Linksys BEF-(something)
It was a Wireless-B router.

edit: Pics!
STP80603.jpg

STP80602.jpg

And it's a BEFW11S4

Last edited:
The fact that there is 4xgreen makes me think that maybe one LAN port was covered.
No, it was an "uplink" port, and I had to use it to get my Bellsouth DSL working back in the day, for some reason it would work while I couldn't get the WAN to play nice with PPPoE.

Try to lookup the Linksys models in the FCC database, and compare the pics of the boards to yours. Might help

or why not to power it up and log in?

Back