• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bestest mouse for CAD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a logitech wireless mouse at home, but it is WAY to heavy to use at work doing CAD all day.

So definately wired (for me, anyway). I use a mx400 laser at work, using CATIA (and occasionally solidworks). It is pretty programmable as far as keys and mouse speed go, so that's good. Programming the extra buttons for certain functions is a HUGE time (and wrist) saver.

I can't even imagine using a trackball for CAD work. The best upgrades so far for that application, are multi programmable buttons and a laser mouse with high dpi. I haven't used the latest generation of wireless mice, but I have tried the transition 3 times in the past 5 years, and have always gone back to wired.

Just curious, prolly I'm too old and outdated, don't people use tablet or digitizer anymore for CAD/CAM ?

Little late chiming in here but if you're dealing with solidworks I would really suggest you get a space navigator, such as this.

It will REALLY make navigating around in the 3D work space so much more easy.

I use Solidworks quite a bit, not all day long or anything but for several hours at a time and my trusty Logitech MX510 does very well and it's very customizable. Definitely go wired though.

well it depends on your preferences really

Do you like track balls or regular mice?

Because a lazer or trackball would probably be best

Little late chiming in here but if you're dealing with solidworks I would really suggest you get a space navigator, such as this.

It will REALLY make navigating around in the 3D work space so much more easy.

I use Solidworks quite a bit, not all day long or anything but for several hours at a time and my trusty Logitech MX510 does very well and it's very customizable. Definitely go wired though.

wow, never seen that before. Pretty neat, I did alot of solidworks when I was on my last coop.

I just use the optical MS wheel mice. You can find OEM versions at most computers stores for $10. 2D CAD and Rhino3D.

Back