• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games like Fallout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I'm basically looking for a Fallout clone - RPG style, cyberpunk / apocalyptic world, etc. Something I can zone out on, not an FPS or highly intense type of game. Any suggestions?

--Illah

Played both before ;)

I'm thinking more RPG and less FPS/RPG hybrid. Intense games are cool, but I wnat a zone-out game.

--Illah

You can try Dungeon Siege 2. It's just a simple rpg(not turn based), but instead of one character you get a party and you get to choose who's in your party. It's pretty simple but fun and addicting; nothing like fallout however.

Only other turn based RPG I can think of is Heroes of Might and Magic series.

You can try Dungeon Siege 2. It's just a simple rpg(not turn based), but instead of one character you get a party and you get to choose who's in your party. It's pretty simple but fun and addicting; nothing like fallout however.

Only other turn based RPG I can think of is Heroes of Might and Magic series.

HOMM III is probably the best. V has the best graphics. IV is worthless.

Damn, I've played all those too! I guess I'm kinda burning through the genre of turn based RPGs, maybe that's why I'm having trouble finding a new one to play...

How about just a great story based RPG, doesn't need to be cyberpunk or whatever. Any good modern games there?

--Illah

For RPG's I would recommend any of the Dungeons and Dragons based games. All have good storylines and are fun. Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale series were my favorites

hmm

I like HOMM4 better than 2, never played 3, which everyone seems to say is the best.. Bought 5 for 50 bucks, played it for about 10 minutes.. I hate 3d versions of 2d games.. Warcraft 3 kept me busy for about 2 days compared to a month for WC2.. Uhm.. Anyway..

Have you played any of these?

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed
Bad Blood
Bloodnet

I know they are all old DOS games, but they are pretty damn spiffy, and all RPG's.. Bad Blood is a more of an action game, but definitely role playing elements.. And post apocalyptic..

I would suggest something more modern, but nothing has really been released lately that scratches that same itch.. Can't friggin' wait for Borderlands!!

I'm was thinking NWN2 as well. I loved the first one and have always been a D&D fan, though the Fallout 'world' is just so cool.

Bethesda better do Fallout 3 justice :)

--Illah

What about KOTOR? It has a futuristic science fictioney feel even though it's set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Illah, try planescape: Torment - I have a feeling that's as close as you'll get.

Fallout is such a great series because it is unique. That's not to say that there hasnt been clones or that it was a clone, but it definitely was nothing like the other games out at that time.

NWN/NWN2 is fun if you understand the D&D type genre.

Fable, Oblivion(plus all the expansions for Oblivion) are two more zone out type games.

I just picked up Genesis Rising a few weeks ago and it is HARD, like to the point where I HAD to cheat to not just sit there dieing. The game is awesome though but the Cut scenes are retardedly long and frequent.

GalCiv2 is another game to look at if you enjoy the civilization type games. I got the Babylon5 mod for it and I am having fun getting all the other races to attack each other and then I come in and clean up the leftovers.

Back