• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed Vista SP1 and now vista is screwed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

Iam so mad, I got vista Sp1 and installed it but now the vista is screwed up, I caint load control penal the window pops up then closes, windows update wont open at all and I caint restore anything.

I loaded up safe mode but the it trys uninstalling sp1 but caint.

o and Aero wont work either and it would let me change the screen size.

that's the breaks bro, you downloaded something that wasn't available yet because clearly its unstable. I've seen many accounts like this. Your only option is a Windows reinstall

I fixed it and thank god I install tuneup utilities, it was able to interface with the windows restore point and fix everything. Iam happy with vista so I am just going to wait for the final.

Just curious, any "real" reason you installed that SP1 at the 1st place ?

He probably got the beta. I downloaded it... but no chance in hell I'd install it unless I was getting paid to do it. He could've just accessed his restore point from safemode though.

No biggie.

i also installed it at work to and it fixed office communicator... which wasnt working for me..

it works fine... but January isnt far away... so patience.

Back