• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bootloop/no beep and everything is fine Oo [Solved]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

visi

Registered
Hello,

i have a wired issue, from my pov the motherboard is broken.

3 Days ago i build this pc with 1 new part (motherboard). PSU, NVME and GPU where not in use for about 1 year. CPU, RAM and cpu cooler where in use all time.

Build:
Asus B550-Plus Tuf
Ryzen 3600
Gskill 3200 16gb
1k W Be quit psu
5700xt

Day - 1
First start: Bootloop - black screen (no speakers on motherboard yet)
So i checked all cables - still same
removed ram and tryed other slots - still same
i got speaker for the motherboard to check if it beeps - motherboard worked instantly no issues (i was alrdy wondering)
so i tried to reboot couple times, installed windows -> more reboots. all working fine
Bios updated to latest version
I did prime95/furmark 5 hours test, memtest - all fine

Day - 2
pc was not moved or touched
in the morning im starting - bootloop - black screen - no beep
checked all cables nothing was loose, after couple trys it started again.
I used pc all day no issues at all, with a lot of reboots.

Day - 3 (present day)
pc was not moved or touched
in the morning im starting - bootloop - black screen - no beep
after a couple of trys still stuck in bootloop
i took out gpu (actually to dissasemble and send back motherboard)
i had to put back in cause my phone was ringing while i was working.
i started the pc again while i was on phone - everything working fine

now i turned off the pc (still assembled). i will try to turn it on in couple hours and see if the problem appears again.
the problem is i cant reproduce the problem it somehow randomly appears.

I think motherboard is cleary broken.

UPDATE:
There is one thing not usual showing in HWinfo.
I know some temperatur are false (usualy AUX temp 100 degrees+, ....), but hwinfo is showing me TEMP2 on Motherboard always 80 degress+ climbing up to 100

Update 2:
It was send by Amazon, the motherboard was just sent in its own box and there was NO tape and it was NOT seald. it made me think it is already a refunded motherboard

Last edited:
no overclocks or changes in bios while bootloop issue

Typically motherboard boxes are not sealed in any way. Send it back and get another one.

Typically motherboard boxes are not sealed in any way. Send it back and get another one.

Ditto. At least by doing that you will have eliminated the motherboard as the source of the issues.

Use to have similar issue years ago with an i3 Clarkdale setup. Turned out it was an issue between motherboard and psu and the 5v standby voltage. Iirc the psu needed some kind of 5v load to trigger the board to boot. Was common issue at the time. Had something to do with new board circuitry and older psu's

im getting today the new motherboard.

Update:
Since 2 days the pc is booting always just normal.
what i changed was just i changed all fans to new ones. (arctic p14 rocks^^)

is it somehow possible that a fan caused this problem? i dont think so actually

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

what a mean with "seald" is the plastic you can peal off. dont know the englisch word for that :p

The Psu is 2 years old and never used. its a Be Quit Powerzone 1000W.

Give it more time to see if the problem reappears. From your description in post #1 it seems to have been somewhat of an irregular problem to start with.

If the new fans fixed the problem then perhaps something was indeed overheating before. Is the room the computer in subject to large swings in temperature?

Last edited:
Give it more time to see if the problem reappears. From your description in post #1 it seems to have been somewhat of an irregular problem to star with.

If the new fans fixed the problem then perhaps something was indeed overheating before. Is the room the computer in subject to large swings in temperature?

Yes Hwinfo is showing me in idle motherboard "temp 2" @ 84C and "temp5" 78C
at prime95 temp2 rise up to 87C and temp5 stays at 78.

PC is open atm and there are 4 140mm arctic p14 inside

You should try HWInfo64. It gives a lot more info to help pin down what components these sensors are actually reporting on.

What is the room temperature max?

im getting today the new motherboard.

Update:
Since 2 days the pc is booting always just normal.
what i changed was just i changed all fans to new ones. (arctic p14 rocks^^)

is it somehow possible that a fan caused this problem? i dont think so actually

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

what a mean with "seald" is the plastic you can peal off. dont know the englisch word for that :p

The Psu is 2 years old and never used. its a Be Quit Powerzone 1000W.

Give it more time to see if the problem reappears. From your description in post #1 it seems to have been somewhat of an irregular problem to start with.

I had an issue in the past when I was benching with LN2. Took me a while to track it down but one of my fans was triggering the OVP/OCP on my PSU and kept shutting down my system. Tossed that fan in the trash and the problem went away. So it is possible that a "bad" fan can crash a system.

Yikes Johan, I never in my life experienced a sticking PC fan causing a PC PSU to trip.
Including the fan for my Asetek radiator, which was groaning, on my socket 1366 system, which BTW, was how I could tell that the outside temp was less than 20 F! That would happen the most, with the outside temp (in Fahrenheit) only in the single digits, and colder!
But the PSU never clicked off.

Last edited:
I don't think it was failing I think there was a short of some kind

I just replaced the motherboard.
First boot all fine.
but still very high temp showing in HWinfo, that temp2 must be a wrong temperatur.

Attachments

• occom.PNG
    occom.PNG
    52.4 KB · Views: 45
Looks like the MOSFET temp may be too high already! Reminds me of the problem that plagued socket FM2+ motherboards, reminding me of the dreaded A68 motherboards, which are from the same era as Vishera. Hope that it's not too high of MOSFET temps!

That was also the same era as Richland, which was AMD's P4, LOL! :rofl:

Last edited:
Back