• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Production will go down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Well guyz,i'm going to be moving real soon so my production will go down :-/ I already recieved my utilities turn off notice so I'm going to have to shut evrything down.

Not sure exactly when I'll get my new apartment aproval, my interview is Nov. 5th @ 9am. I'm going to have to put my stuff in storage and shack up with the g/f for the time being :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll back up and running soon.

Keep crunchin 'em !

I, for one, welcome your new female overlord

teehee, we'll try not to steal your credits while you're gone but no promises :p

Might want to bring some insulation and water cooling with you to cool you and your girlfriend down on those hot sweaty nights ;)

Jks. Hope you get up and running again soon :D

Thanx guyz! I did'nt want you all to think I was abandoning you right before the big race. In any case I'll keep crunchin em til they pull the plug on me ;)

Hey QI, thx. Gotta represent the heritage ya know :D

May have to make a run for it, myself.

Friggin' fires are just on the march in San Diego County! We've got 230,000 homes evacuated, (maybe a million people out of their homes). Firefighters can't do much until the hot dry winds die down. They're "flanking" the fire.

That's firefighter talk for "watching your home/business burn down". :eek: :mad: :mad:

At least the helo's and bulldozer's are flying/cutting fire breaks, today!

The Cal-Fire chief won't let the firefighters go up to save the TV equipment bldgs. on top of Mt. Miguel, so TWO broadcast engineers went up and saved at least one of the bldgs., just passing up buckets of water from the fire fighting pool that was already installed "for the firefighters to use", dousing the roof fire.

When it's "Too Dangerous" for the well equipped fire fighters, I guess we have to send in the "nothing but a shovel and a bucket", broadcast engineers, to fight the fires.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Geeezus Adak! :eek: That's terrible. Hope all the best for you.

I was lucky, the winds changed direction, and the helo's were able to drop a lot of water on the advancing fire line. The evacuations got very close, but no cigar.

We turned the corner on our wildfire, it's turned on it's heels and threatening some small rural area's a few miles to our east.

Great to see the military helo's working with us. Now that they've got special decals and paint jobs on them, and of course, the *VERY* special Cal Fire spotter, in the front seat, as well.

Couldn't use ANY military helo's in the Cedar Fire of '03, because the military pilots were just *too dumb* to drop water, without Cal Fire holding their hands. <dear God!, talk about job security>

Odd, since they are trained to drop water on fires on military bases, but that's turf protection, ala Cal Fire.

The promised 6 C-130's (which can drop massive amounts of water/retardant), are still a no show. Flew in all the way from Wyoming and North Carolina, but the bureaucrats won't let them in the air. They're still at the Pt. Magu base, north of LA; *WAITING*

I wonder what records the bureaucrats could set for employing these babies, if these mental retards were all lined up about 1 hour ahead of the advancing fire line, and had to wait for a C-130 air drop to save their butts. Hmmm, record time then, I bet!

I'll be fine, and the people of San Diego have come together like you wouldn't believe. Thousands of volunteers, doing everything at the evacuation centers. Great to see!

We're up to nearly 500,000 homes evacuated, but it's all gone very smoothly - quite a testament to what's been done since the great Cedar Fire of '03.

P.S. Yakkiing with another anxious fire watcher, right. Her daughter served <wait for it> on *Adak* (the Island, of course!) !! Couldn't believe it!

P.P.S. Hard to believe, but today, after 4 years of the most pathetic, lame, and utterly retarded excuses you ever heard, three of our congressmen got on the phone and "ganged up" on the head of Cal Fire, and made him OK military helo use, even without a "specially trained (and hardly every available), Cal Fire "spotter".

Oh, and of course, a phone call from the Marine Corp. Commanding General for the Pacific, in Hawaii.

I understand that Jesus Christ and Moses were next on the phone call list for this obstructionist son of a *****.

Last edited:
Having worked in a local bureaucracy (City) for over 20 years I understand exactly what you're going through in that respect. Things that seem soooo simple to us Peons down in the ranks become these huge mountains upstairs that need dynamite to fix when all we need is a pick. I think they all sit around and work out ways to get their Face Time before doing anything. :mad:

But I'm happy to see someone moving things along out there ...! :beer:

It's another day, time for another Cal Fire lame excuse why 14 bucket equipped helo's can't drop water on a fire!

Today, Cal Fire wants all the military helo's to be led out by a Cal Fire "Air Boss". Undoubtedly, the military pilots can't find a big bright fire line that stretches for miles through distinctive hills and canyons, on their own. You and I could find it with one eye closed, but I digress. Pity the highly trained military pilots also never learned to read a map, use GPS, take direction from a controller on the ground, etc.! <yeah, right>

Naturally, there *IS* no Cal Fire "Air Boss" available, so all but 4 of the helo's, are sitting on the ground, at North Island Naval Base, waiting.

This is day 4 of the fire.

Unbelieveable.

Back