• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So umm.. what does the "E" stand for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

I mean, the Q clearly stands for Quad, X stands for Xtreme.. but wtf does the E stand for in Intel CPUs? I dont own any Intel CPU, Ive just been meaning to ask for ages :p

I can say "I have a Quad 6600" and thats fine, I can say "I have an Xtreme 6600" and thats fine.. but "I have .. umm, and Eee 6600" just sounds weird to me :p would be good to put a name to the face, so to speak.

Yeah, stupid question I know, but this is like my only post in the Intel forums in like.. 1.5years+

I mean, the Q clearly stands for Quad, X stands for Xtreme.. but wtf does the E stand for in Intel CPUs? I dont own any Intel CPU, Ive just been meaning to ask for ages :p

I can say "I have a Quad 6600" and thats fine, I can say "I have an Xtreme 6600" and thats fine.. but "I have .. umm, and Eee 6600" just sounds weird to me :p would be good to put a name to the face, so to speak.

Yeah, stupid question I know, but this is like my only post in the Intel forums in like.. 1.5years+
I don't think it stands for anything...

E = dual core :p

Close enough.

Let me guess ! :D

X = Extreme ... bragging cool
Q = Quad ... not bad
E = Eewww ... lamer

Holy anus that was a quick reply haha. Hmm, fair enough. I wiki'd it and couldnt find anything.. I was also wondering what the "T" in mobile processors could be.. [found in] T[iny portable machines] or something.. Man, its 4:54am. Just got home from work. Shattered. Uni in the morning..

But fair enough, E = dual core ;D thanks for the quick reply

EDIT: haha. "I have an Ewww6600". I would so buy one for the novelty of saying it

Holy anus that was a quick reply haha. Hmm, fair enough. I wiki'd it and couldnt find anything.. I was also wondering what the "T" in mobile processors could be.. [found in] T[iny portable machines] or something.. Man, its 4:54am. Just got home from work. Shattered. Uni in the morning..

But fair enough, E = dual core ;D thanks for the quick reply

EDIT: haha. "I have an Ewww6600". I would so buy one for the novelty of saying it
I'm known for very fast response times :D

Clearly the "L" means loser, or "LOL@THEPERSONWHOBOUGHTTHISCPU" :p

Eww.. I used to own a Celery 2.4 :santa:

got a celey-l 420, havent got to use it. the ecs board i was tring to use it in still doesnt have the micro code for it. even though on there site where the bios is hosted it states it does.

Maybe E because the previous dual-core chips were the Pentium D, the E might be a way of letting less informed customers know that these are better/newer/faster models then the previous "D" series. Sorta like the relationship between 286/386/486 and PII/P!!!/P4 name marketing.

I think the E stands for ecstasy or ecstatic, the feeling one would get when moving from an AMD 64, P4, Celly, or other lower processor. :)

Back