• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium M max temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benscoobert

I cant seem to find info on these old laptop cpus.

Does anyone know what is the max temp it should be allowed to run at?

Mine was well into the 80s!!!!!!!!
At 36% load it sits at 62c........

I cant seem to find info on these old laptop cpus.

Does anyone know what is the max temp it should be allowed to run at?

Mine was well into the 80s!!!!!!!!
At 36% load it sits at 62c........

I have no idea what the "max temps" might be, but you are running WAY too hot as of right now. A drop of 20c across the board is in order. When was the last time you cleaned out the fan system on that laptop?

hmmm i was running that crappy cooler from asus with the CT-479 oced to 2.7ghz never say anything near 80's. i think i reach 70's, the only place i would expect to see those temps are in laptop's.

My grandma has a crappy HP with one of those P-M's in them, it would go to 100C then shut down :eek: A can of compressed air fixed it, but I guess theoretically they can do 80-90C ok.

I might try to keep it a little below that, though. :)

Its never had a clean so maybe that is part of the issue.
Its propped up by an old router to get air under it.
I'll look into it tonight, thanks for the advice

funny. cause my 740 would start to flake out aroun 60-70.which is why i started cutting up the frame of my laptop heh. i couldnt do much of anything cpu intensive in tablet mode which sucked.
a shot of AS5 did the trick for me. and drilling some more inlet holes. now the hottest it gets is 50ish before the fan kicks in. this is at 2.13 ghz on my 770.

I'm wondering if im getting bad readings, I cleared it out today, not that it had much in. Its reading 64c idle and 84c under load

I actually took the heatsink out to remove the paste and do a fresh. Behind the hs there was more dust and I put new paste.
53c idle and 73c loaded
maybe my temps are about right

now they sound right! sometimes new paste helps alot! :thup: near 11c drop in temps that hugh!

Back