• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fonts & XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcticPenguin

for some reason my fonts got corrupted in XP & i wanted to know if there was a way to fix that issue?

i tried my website on other computers running XP but its only on mine that it happens. the text looks 0very jagged and not like it should. i was curious can i restore the windows fonts folder on my system or do i need to do a clean install of XP?

i have the following programs installed:

Adobe CS2
Office 2003
Macromedia Studio 8
and a few fonts i installed my self.

so i wanted to take the easiet route to possibley fix this with out the hassle of performing a reinstall of everyhing on my system.

thanks!

If you are using a LCD monitor, make sure you turn ClearType ON.

Right click on desktop.
Select Properties.
Click Appearance tab.
Click Effects... button.
Check Box "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:"
Select ClearType.
Click OK.
Click OK.

thanks for the pointer...i appreciate that. but even with that..its still sort of weird and garbled looking.
thats all good, its something got corrupted with a font inside my font folder some how. all my settings are fine, just randomyl somethign has corrupted this font Lucida San and id rather start fresh with new fotns than tak e achacne at corrupting everythign else again if possible/

Back