• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ayhja O/c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

two_dope2000

I just recieved another 1.2Ghz T-Bird and by chance the stepping is AYHJA and i was wondering how many of you guys have one of these and how far have you overclocked it to? Also it has 256k L1 or L2 cache is tha average or good? i know there is 64, 128, and 256. If it helps it has a 266 FSB, that leads me to another question, i can only use the 266fsb if i have DDR, but i can still use SDRAM but the fsb would be cut in half because SDRAM is half the the speed of DDR, am i correct on this point? Any help would be appreciated.

The AYHJA Athlon Thunderbirds are usually very reasonable processors from my experience, however it may be a better idea to check the CPU database on the front of overclockers.com to see what peopl have obtained with this processor.
The 266 mhz FSB refers to the internal bus speed of the CPU which is a double pumped mobo FSB ( 2 x 133 mhz ) and as such only requires a mobo that can run with a 133 mhz FSB.
DDR will help overall system performance but not using this and using SDRAM will NOT cut the FSB in half.

My 1 Gig AYHJA runs at 1.5G at 1.77v. I haven't pushed it any farther yet.

Hook said:
My 1 Gig AYHJA runs at 1.5G at 1.77v. I haven't pushed it any farther yet.

I have found out that the premium 1ghz AYHJA, AXIA, and AVIA code are limited to 1.6-1.7 on air. I have tried for many months to squeeze more out of these chips.

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900MHz 200MHz FSB Socket A PGA Processor- I was wondering how much I could actually overclock this baby to.

Genoide said:
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900MHz 200MHz FSB Socket A PGA Processor- I was wondering how much I could actually overclock this baby to.

About 1.2-1.3 with the best cooling.

Back