• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing ASRock ALiveNF6G-VSTA + AMD X2 4200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zacdrew

The title says it.Im overclocking the rig above with 1 gig of generic ram at 533mhz. When Im ocing i get to 245fsb witha 10x multiplier. I run 333mhz for my ram setting. I cannot get it too boot at any higher setting 400mhz. It will only boots with mem at 400mhz if the cpu is below 2.2ghz. any ideas? Also this might seem like a noob question... well this whole post is but what is DRAM voltage. Any ideas on how to get it past 2.2ghz with 400mhz mem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advacne.
Zac

DRAM voltage is the voltage applied to the RAM. When overclocking have you increased the voltage on the CPU or RAM yet? If not, you may want to bump them up a notch. Also, have you changed the timings on the RAM, it's possible they are set to tight. CPU-Z is a great wee program that will tell you what all your current setting are.

My DRAM voltage is on auto in going to set it to the HIGH setting see if that gets me anywhere. My cpu voltage came from the factory set at 1.35v and thats the highest setting my mobo will go. I haven't touched timings yet but maybe that should be my next step?

Here's my latest OC info. Forgot how to take a screenshot oops. Core Speed 2642.1MHz, Multiplier 10 Bus Speed 264.2, HT link 1056.8MHz, Mem Freq 440.3MHz, FSB: DRAM CPU/6, tCL 5CLK, tRCD 5CLK, tRP 5CLK, tRAS 15CLK, tRC 21CLK, CR 2T, Core Voltage 1.36V. All info was gathered from CPU-Z. In BiOS mem freq setting where still @ 333MHz. Over all is this a good OC or should I be able to get more out of it. This thread might have been better off in the mmemory forum. Sorry if its in the wrong forum.

Well, thats not a bad overclock at all. If you can lower the HT link multiplier so that the HT link frequency remains below 1000MHz. And no, the thread is in the correct place.

Back