• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless distance-extending question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vito

What's a quick and painless way to extend the wireless internet coverage to a house that's a approx. 100ft away from the main wireless source?

I bought a house just across the backyard from my other house for use as an office and I want to be able to have wireless capabilities on my wireless laptops in the "new" house/office.

I'm a bit confused on all the various wireless access points...antennae....signal boosters...etc..

I would use two directional antennas. One at your house and one at the office. With a AP at the house and a repeater at the office. If you use omni and get 100ft range... thats 100ft from your house anyone can get to your network.

I would use two directional antennas. One at your house and one at the office. With a AP at the house and a repeater at the office. If you use omni and get 100ft range... thats 100ft from your house anyone can get to your network.

I would secure the network..so even with omni people would be able to get onto the network...so then you get a signal anywhere near your property and only you and who ever you prefer will have access to your network....and even with directional antennas...the signal is being broadcast like an omni so without security on either one then both are avaliable....

Back