• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 5000+ OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

henzo

AMD 5000+ OC'd to 3.319ghz

Hey guys, I recently got an AMD 5000+ Black Edition and have sucessfully overclocked it to a stable 3.319ghz. :clap: My sig is the rig, and the info is right here: 1.50v, x15.5 multiplier, 214mhz bus speed, and HT Link is 642.4mhz. Do you think this is the limit on non-watercooled, or do you think there is more (stable I mean, I read an article where a guy got one of these to 4ghz on dry ice)? Thanks in advance. OH YEAH, the temps from CoreTemp are 25-28 deg for core 0, and 32-36 deg for core 1 at 3.319ghz.

Next I need to learn how to OC my memory without frying it lol.

Last edited:
That is a pretty darn nice OC. What are you temps for both cores? (use coretemp to find out) Are you using a mem divider? What kind of RAM is it? Are you using aftermarket cooling?

It will help you a lot if you clarify your system specs for everyone. :)

Okay, I dropped my HT Link to x3 and it went stable @ 3.319ghz. I think I am gonna stay there till I get a little feedback on if anyone has went any higher on a non-watercooled set-up and been stable with it.

Have you been testing with prime and memtest?

also got any SS's of benchmarks or anything?

What's your load temps?

I bet you can go higher possible 3.5 if your 24hr stable there with prime.

I noticed your voltage was pretty high at 1.5V. I also have a Black Edition 5000+, but I was wondering, how high can you safely turn up the voltage? I am afraid of overvolting the processor. I saw a Tom's Hardware article where they increased the voltage to 1.45 and got a stable 3.3ghz.

Also, I am having a bit of trouble monitoring my voltages. I have turned up the voltage to 1.35V (standard) in the Bios, but CPU-Z reports it as 1.25V? Any suggestions?

Okay guys, I ran prime for a little over 2 days and it is rock solid with no errors or shut downs at 3.3ghz. Temps of 25deg on core 0 and 32deg on core 1 with CoreTemp under load. I might build another system when the AMD quads are a little more mainstream and oc the crap out of it.

@Black Edition, Imy 1.5v isn't really that high. My cpu-z fluxuates from 1.47v to 1.52v off and on. I think mine is an accurate representation of whats going on. Maybe you mobo has something to do with the different readings. I changed from a low grade gigabyte board to the one in my sig and my old board did the same type of mixed readings.

definitely a very very good OC but there is one thing that bugs me a little. It isn't stable at 3.3ghz+ with a 4x HT link, but it works with a 3x HT multi. Technically, with the 4x HTT multi, HTT speed is still under 1ghz... This makes me assume that the problem is not the cpu, but the mobo. Makes me wonder what would happen if you gave the NB some vitamin voltage and bring the HTT multi back to 4x. If that is stable, then perhaps the cpu has more to go still.

Back