• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So few pics of my job!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

0330072031ko0.jpg

0427071613un7.jpg

0727071905ym9.jpg

0727071904qc5.jpg

1024051520tt0.jpg

we got boxes and boxes of STuff LOL!!!! graveyards and stuff ><

what you think? heheh

This is a computer repair store. We fix build repair, anything to do with computers we pretty much do. Those are are all the empty boxes of things he already sold ><. the only reason we have all this S*** is cuz hes to cheap to throw it out.

Wouldn't the paper absorb a lot of heat? btw pretty much anything you see on teh floor is Dead or too old to be worth anything. the metal itself is worth more than what it is

Actually, paper is a poor conductor of heat. However, as a conductor of air by giving the hot air no place to go but 'up the chimney', it's great at reducing the recycling of hot air around a computer.

**edit** talking something like, goes up 3-4 feet and opens up... or goes into a drier vent and out a hole in the wall or something. Just something to get heat away from the case itself.

you can turn all those p4 box empties into a nice chimney system for a computer heat exhaust....

Or build a fort out of 'em. A fort would be 100x sweeter than a chimney. Or... if you wanted to get really crazy, build a fort with a heat exhaust chimney. Although, that might cause the world to explode from too high a concentration of pure awesomeness. :D

On a serious note, though, there's no way to at least collapse some of those boxes, so they take up less space? I mean, being a packrat is one thing, but there are ways to be a bit better organized packrat.

Also, do I spy an IBM Model M, bottom middle of the last pic? I bet if you searched around, there are at least a few old-school gems in that mess...

Everyone in my familly makes me think I am bad by like hanging onto the boxes for what is in my computer but gosh I would never collect that much. I am for the Fort. For that much metal and plastic it could be huge. You could possible make your own computer repair place out of all that structure, wiring, use a couple old computers for cash registers. All those cases add up plus the plastic.

Last edited:
Or build a fort out of 'em. A fort would be 100x sweeter than a chimney. Or... if you wanted to get really crazy, build a fort with a heat exhaust chimney. Although, that might cause the world to explode from too high a concentration of pure awesomeness. :D

On a serious note, though, there's no way to at least collapse some of those boxes, so they take up less space? I mean, being a packrat is one thing, but there are ways to be a bit better organized packrat.

Also, do I spy an IBM Model M, bottom middle of the last pic? I bet if you searched around, there are at least a few old-school gems in that mess...

How about making the fort with the chimney, and include USB Nerf Missile Launchers!

Now that would be a WTFPWN.

meh i only get 8 bucks an hour. no special discounts either. Im going to rebel for a raise though. if i dont get it, my boss will have a UFO (power supply sent at him) Jk =). my co-worker threw a power supply box at him as a joke, i couldn't breath for an hour.

I'll take pics if you guys want to go back in time to see some 5 1/4 floppy drives, 486cpus, BNC networking cable other ancient goodies. =)

Back