• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need someone who knows DEC Alpha systems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Old Thrashbarg

I think I screwed up... I have this Alphaserver 1000a that I'm trying to get running. I had to replace a dead disk in the RAID array, which subsequently required switching over to the ARC console to run the RAID config utility. No big deal, right?

Well... instead of just typing "arc" like I prolly should have, I used "set os_type nt" to switch consoles. That, in and of itself, wouldn't be a big deal, except that for some reason the machine won't come all the way up to an ARC console menu. At power up, after all the hardware polling and whatnot, I get two messages... one saying that the ARC firmware is loading, followed shortly thereafter by "ARC firmware loaded." Then nothing else. No error messages, no beeps... nada.

So now I can neither run the disk setup, nor can I figure out how to get back to SRM. Completely removing all the option cards made no difference.

So WTF do I do now? :bang head

Back