• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake VA8004 and custom watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

Been a while since I did watercooling, but it starts to itch again, so I am once again looking for a nice case.
I don't want to hack it up anymore, or at least as little as possible.

I saw the Thermaltake Armor LCS VE2000BWS which has integrated liquid cooling, but since I already got a dual rad/pump/block/etc, I was wondering if the bracket for the radiator is also sold separately.

02bws_armor_lcs_6.gif

It's precisely what I need to put my radiator in the front of the case.
So, does anyone know if that kit is sold separately or something similar exists?

I did some quick checking and I don't see that rad bracket for sale individually, which is a shame, because I wouldn't mind getting one for My Armor.

It sure saves some trouble.
I ain't the overclocker I used to be (not extreme, but have done some forms of cooling methods in the past 10 years) and I just want it rather quick and silent now.

Building a own support mechanism shouldn't be too hard though.

most rads will fit in the front of the drive bays. You may have to padd them a bit to get a snug fit, but that's about it. Check out the link in my sig, there a pic in there of when I was sizing the rad to see hwo it would fit, it just stand in there no problem at all.

Looks good to me.

On other thing. Thermaltake shows their Armor LCS with the fans on the outside to take air in though the rad.
My old setup had it too, but is there any guideline on it? Which is better, suck through or push through? I don't like to setup up a push-pull system again. Too much noise.

That topic was debated endlessly on these forums a few years back. The basic concensus was, it doesn't really matter. Mount it how you think it looks the best or how ever is eaisest for you.

Ah good to hear that :)
Need to do some research (and mailed Thermaltake on the mount bracket thing) so maybe next month I'll start building again ;-)
SLI videocards (not entirely sure which ones yet) and perhaps a new CPU.
And motherboard. The one in my sig isn't my current one.

Back