• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A DATA 800 ram.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsgnsg

well i was plannning on getting crucial balistix (or how ever u spell it) then i realised taht was like almost the same price as their 1066 ram..

so i decided to go with crucial nune balistix till i saw 2 gigs of 800 ram for 52 bucks (here in canada) i mean thats 26 bucks a gig..

and since im planing on getting 4 gigs it wont cost me much....

I was just wondering is it worth it or no..

and what would i be able to oc it to while it runs stable..

anyone has experience with a data ram befor,,

worth it or no

That IS inexpensive ram. I don't have experience with A-Data but you might want to look at the timings. Something with a CAS of 4 or 5 is nice. I wouldn't buy ram with anything slower than that (6, 7, 8). I'm sure you'd be able to OC the ram quite nicely, but theres a tendency with cheapo ram (not saying the a-data is, could be a super deal) to not be stable near their max frequency (800hmz in this case). You could just change the ratio ( 1:2, 4:5) when OC'ing so the ram doesn't come too near 800. You'll lose out on some bandwidth, but that may allow you to reach a higher core frequency.

Back