• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" or 20" Samsung Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reclaimer122

Right now I have a 17" Dell monitor that I've loved since I first got it over 2 years ago, but it's time for a change. I like these two Samsung monitors on Newegg, but I'm not sure which one is better for me. Either the 19" 941BW or the 20" 206BW.

941BW
206BW

My current Dell has a resolution of 1280x1024 and has about 1.3M pixels. The 19" would have only about 1.29M pixels, which is less pixels over a bigger space. Would that look even slightly chunkier than the monitor I have now? I want an ultra-crisp picture :))) and the 20" squeezes about half a million more pixels into just one more inch of space. So, is the 20" worth the extra $60? Also, I will have an 8800GTS paired with either of these, and I sit about 18" away from my monitor.

Oh, and if anybody can point out a different 20"+ monitor with the same or better quality for less money, by all means, please do :D I just found the 206BW for $240 shipped from Amazon.

Last edited:
I was looking at this Chimei. I was close to getting it, but I wasn't sure if I would see the quality of the Samsung. The 226BW is also just too expensive. 22" isn't really necessary for me. I'll look into the Chimei though. Do you think I will likely see the same build quality as Samsung? (I see it does have a 3 year warranty however, and the extra 2" would be nice...)

i have the 206bw and i love it + it was only 210 at frys with a free printer :). i have a 19 inch syncmaster also and i absolutely love them.

Hehe, now it's between the 206BW or the Chimei 221d :) The 3-year warranty makes it seem like it's built well enough, and it's not like I'm gonna be toting it to and from LAN parties or anything. I think the extra two inches would be amazing... and it's cheaper :)

i have never had a problem with either of mine but the three year warranty is nice insurance. im using the 206 right now and it is great

I think I'm gonna go for the Chimei. If I really am unsatisfied with it I can always return it to Newegg. So far I haven't seen any bad reviews for it, and for the money it's hard to beat. The 3 years warranty assures me that this thing at least won't just up and die on me one day :) Plus, I'm not too picky with video quality. If I've never used a better panel, I'll think this one is the best out there so it won't bother me. Just as long as it isn't blurry! :)

Yes, I saw. Really the only importance that the warranty has to me is that I know the Chimei won't be a POS on arrival. I doubt I'll need to actually use it. Like I said, if I truly am unhappy then I can wait a month for my birthday and use the refund money to just buy a 226BW.

Just purchased the Chimei earlier tonight. I only found out during checkout that Newegg only has a 30-day replacement for LCDs, no refunds :( So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Back