• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which iPod replacement battery kit is recommended?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

The time has come to replace the battery in my 6GB iPod Mini. I see several kits online. I do not know which one to choose. All Google searches seem to funnel to ipodjuice.com. They have a 600mAh and a 750mAh battery. I found an 800mAh battery at ipodbatterydepot.com. Are these reputable vendors? Are they good batteries? Is there a source that you guys have had luck with?

The time has come to replace the battery in my 6GB iPod Mini. I see several kits online. I do not know which one to choose. All Google searches seem to funnel to ipodjuice.com. They have a 600mAh and a 750mAh battery. I found an 800mAh battery at ipodbatterydepot.com. Are these reputable vendors? Are they good batteries? Is there a source that you guys have had luck with?

There is a really great forum for all things ipod. Try Ilounge.com they should have information on what you seek.

Shameless

You mean when my iPod dies eventually, I can just replace the battery and have it work again?

I didn't know this! I thought trash it when mine dies! I've had it 18months so far.

You mean when my iPod dies eventually, I can just replace the battery and have it work again?

I didn't know this! I thought trash it when mine dies! I've had it 18months so far.

Things to remember - I voids the warranty and apple will not 'repair' it anymore. Also you can really screw up the ipod. I replaced my wife's 4th gen with an newer and higher mAh battery I bought on flea-bay. The battery didn't quite fit - it was slightly too big, and I had to cut some of the casing off to fit it. Now the ipod doesn't work at all - so i replaced it with a Sansa.

ColdMiser: I'd highly recommend ipodjuice.com for your <a href="http://www.ipodjuice.com/ipod-mini-battery-replacement-products.htm">ipod battery</a> - all sources point to them cause they are the best imho. I needed a battery for my iPod minis - got both the 600 and 750 mah batteries - and both fit and their instructions were first rate. tools were good, too.

-charles

I'll probably wind up there even though your response and join date make it look like you work for them. Thanks.

I'll probably wind up there even though your response and join date make it look like you work for them. Thanks.
I'd also recommend iPod Juice in a heart beat. I ordered a battery for my iPod Video and got it in no time. The packaging was very good (came in a bubble envelop wrapped in another) and their packages come with everything you need. I was also having trouble with my battery and they sent me a new one within days free of charge! Turns out my iPod was broken.

And yes, I know I registered yesterday.

Does iPodjuice ship the the UK? My mini died, and the first replacement battery I got for it wasn;t much better either

Back