• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24 days left on step up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JzAr

So I purchased a 8800GTS 640mb 66 days ago, should I just go ahead and get the G92 GTS or wait till the last couple days to see if something new comes out? Do you guys think they'll release a 1gb version of the card?

Thanks.

Heh, definitely wait.. If you are willing to spend the extra cash, if something better/pricier than the G92 GTS comes out. Otherwise, step up now..

I'd wait until you have about ten or five days left, just don't push it to the max so eVGA doesn't through any technicalities at you ;)

"Well, sir, it was Jan 26 in London when you submitted that form..." Although I doubt eVGA would do something like that, LOL.

Alright I'll wait a few more days. Anyone know how long the step up process takes? Do they ship me the new one and charge me, then once I return my old card they refund my money or what?

I believe you pay them, then you ship your card to them. No cross-shipping unless you already paid for it, unless that is just RMA's.

Why would you pay them AND send out your card? I think they charge you, send you a card, because you wouldn't have a system..., then you send out your card, then they refund your money...

Once you've uploaded your invoice, send the $ for s/h, and are approved you need to ship your card via their instructions. Then you have to wait for them to receive it, process it, and ship it back. It can take a while if you live on the East coast, but it looks like you're on the West coast, so it shouldn't be too long.

You will be w/o a card for a while, but it's worth it. No x-shipment.

Once you've uploaded your invoice, send the $ for s/h, and are approved you need to ship your card via their instructions. Then you have to wait for them to receive it, process it, and ship it back. It can take a while if you live on the East coast, but it looks like you're on the West coast, so it shouldn't be too long.

You will be w/o a card for a while, but it's worth it. No x-shipment.

Yeah, and it's pretty insulting how much more they charge for faster shipping. Ground is like 8 bucks, but 3 day is around $80 iirc. It just goes up from there.

Back