• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOpen GF2 Ti with 8 RAM Chips...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Torch

Registered
So I got my AOpen GF2 Ti card, and although there is no stock cooling on the RAM, There are actually 8 RAM chips, 4 on each side of the card.

Now, to me that says better OCing, since this config is spreading the same 64MB out over 8 chips ... at least doubling the surface area available for cooling. Not to mention the fact that you're likely generating less heat with 8 chips than 4 from the get-go.

The card is cheap (www.mwave.com) too.

I have a ThermalTake RAM cooler kit, but I need another for 2 more VGA RAM sinks. Got a Blorb on the GPU, and when my second cooling kit arrives you can bet I'm gonna push it as far as can.

The one thing that may be lacking os the quality of the RAM used; it's a brand I didn't recognize (not looking at the card right now).

What do you all think?

pa256deluxe-l.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice card, from the pic I cant tell any info regarding the memory? Whats it say on the chip?

Btw, pretty nice price on that card!

PS Welcome to the forums and Happy Holidays.

Thanks, Sam ... Actually, the pic you posted is the GTS, not the Ti. Not a tremendous difference, just wanted to clarify.

I'm not at home right now, and if I was I couldn't get online (just moved in to new place, DSL activated but no modem yet). I will check tonight and let you know.

Back