• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Portalable HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Alrighty, yeah I have an external drive but would be really nice to have a good portable drive for my use. I got a bigger 3 1/2" external drive enclosure with power supply and such. Its huge, and rather annoying carrying around, just don't trust it as much as a smaller one for traveling.

So in the looks for a nice 100GB+ portable (small 2.5") just USB connector, good HDD that someone would recommend.

I just saw someone posted this... and it does look sweet.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=542590

But was curious if theres anything out there currently that would be a good solution?

Look at Costco for the WD 250GB Passport, or build your own with whatever enclosure suits you. I haven't seen the 320GB Passport's as of yet.

Well was going to get the 160Gig at Samsclub for $88ish but saw Bestbuy had the 250Gig on sale for $130. Couldn't resist, didn't want to wait to have it shipped. Its the must have no factor I guess.

No case :( Heck out of the few drives in the store only 1 actually included the USB cable for it. Even though it said it included it on the box.

Back