• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recovery console to copy files to pen drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fill2d

Registered
hey dudes.

I would like to know if its possible to copy files from the PC using the recovery console. And how it would be possible to copy these to a penstick.

Yes, you copy some files from the drive but it is restricted. You can't access anything in the Documents and Settings folder and I think Program Files too...

I don't think you would be able to copy to a different drive though...

I'm assuming you have access to another PC since you're posting here, so maybe try downloading the Ultimate Boot CD. It's a live disk that includes filesystem tools to access the hard drive and copy off any files you need to a USB pen drive, another hard drive, wherever you need.

Lot easier to use than the recovery console.

Even easier is if you have a second computer, drop it in and you have direct access ;)

Or, in recovery console, type:

set AllowRemovableMedia = TRUE

and

set AllowAllPaths = TRUE

and you're good to go.

I just wanted to say thank you soooooo much for this tip. It saved my bookmarks. I couldn't log into windows and was desperately trying to figure out if i could somehow copy them from c: to one of my other partitions. This did the trick. thank you infinitely Dice. God Bless you :)

Back